Friday, August 6, 2010

Welcome!


ON THE LOCAL
Hilding Lindquist writes about aging, ageism and end of life issues, all of which he believes are better understood by experience.

That was my photo and description accompanying my published posts when I wrote for The New York Times local blog covering three towns in New Jersey, Maplewood, Millburn, and South Orange. The blog was appropriately titled "The Local". It went up on the internet in March, 2009. I wrote eight posts between June and December, 2009. The blog itself lasted another six-plus months, posting its last entry on June 30, 2010 at 2:09 PM.

Here is my "full" bio in Who's Who of the The Local:

Hilding Lindquist: Going into his 70’s on hemodialysis and being evaluated for the kidney transplant list is not what Hilding Lindquist planned, but neither is blogging for The Local. He will write about aging, ageism and end-of-life issues in the three towns — all of which are better understood by experience. He will share his while inviting others to share theirs here, in their own comments and in interviews. Hilding came to Maplewood in 2002 after seven years in Fairbanks, Alaska, ending his long career in developing and administering data systems there. Always writing and now a playwright, he worked as a programmer, analyst, and administrative consultant in Seattle for more than 20 years.

And here are the links to my posts on The Local:

June 29, 2009
The Old Man: Thinking of Elvis

July 2, 2009, 2:04 PM
The Old Man: My Death With Dignity

July 7, 2009
Garden State: Feeding Worms

August 3, 2009
The Old Man: Should I Get a Kidney Transplant?

August 14, 2009
The Day: Home Thoughts from North Pole

October 21, 2009
The Old Man: Of Art and Eating

November 20, 2009
The Old Man: How to Be a Patient

December 9, 2009
The Old Man: Medicare Matters

I want to continue posting here about the same issues that I posted on The Local ... and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment